Sr. Network Engineer
Company: Frontier Communications
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Summary of Position:This position is responsible for the
application engineering of telecommunications outside plant in a
local serving exchange environment. Subject matter expert of and
for all technical aspects of outside plant facilities work such as
but not limited to cable sizing, cable counts, cable records,
permitting for right of ways and easements. This position works as
a team member with Network Planning, Central Office, Transmission
and Operations to support the growth, replacements and upgrades of
telecommunications plant facilities. This position also supports
sales, marketing, operations and regulatory as needed.Specific
requirements of the position include:
- Engineering design for outside plant projects.
- Perform field staking.
- Proactive review of outside plant facilities to determine
necessary upgrades and enhancements.
- Communicate with state, county, city and national indices to
gain information on planned projects that involve growth and
- Coordinate with all utilities for project design and
construction to utilize joint trench.
- Communicate with all peers and departments to insure proper
- Maintain accurate cable records and updates.
- Attend pre-construction meetings for project designs.
- Apply for permits as required (State, DNR, City, County,
- Maintain and investigate right of ways and easements for
- Prepare project justifications for approvals including EWOP
documents loaded into Varasset.
- Prepare loop studies as needed.
- Prepare cost estimates for BDTs.
- Respond to DORs as needed.
- Update records according to As-Builts.
- Land base into FROGS/Spatial Engineer (Frontier AutoCAD based
- Assist in annual budget design.
- All other activities with respect to the needs of the
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent, or a minimum of 3 to 5 years
experience related to outside plant, preferable in a local exchange
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge with heavy emphasis on
outside plant design, cable count layout, and capacities.
- Must have detailed knowledge of outside plant activities.
Knowledge of engineering tools to include the following,
FROGS/Spatial Engineer (Frontier AutoCAD based GIS), Adobe,
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, email and other vendor
- Must have outside plant construction and project management
experience and inventory management experience. Experience in right
of way, private easement and permitting with local, state and
- Must be able to participate and lead project teams to achieve
team objectives and goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills are very important in discussions
and meetings with engineering team, regional managers, vendors,
local supervisors and technicians.by Jobble
Keywords: Frontier Communications, Redlands , Sr. Network Engineer, Engineering , Redlands, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!