Engineer, Manufacturing Process 2
Company: Teledyne Technologies
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Company Overview Teledyne Battery Products' mission, vision, and
value statements have never really changed in principle since 1966.
- -Dedication to every employee and client's success; Innovation
that matters - for our company and for the world; Trust and
personal responsibility in all relationships - Teledyne Battery
Products are EveryWhereYouLook!Are you looking to be part of a
dynamic and growing organization - whose company culture is
centered on empowering its employees to make decisions? - As one of
the leading manufacturers in producing high performance,
high-quality batteries for use in today's modern general aviation
aircraft, Teledyne Battery Business is focused on hiring the best
available talent! Position Summary and Responsibilities Teledyne
Battery Products currently has an exciting opportunity for a
Process Engineer to join our Operations Team. - -This position is
key to Battery Products' performance for customers, continuous
improvement, reduction in cost, improve sustainability and
developing best practices. - The successful candidate must be data
driven and results oriented to work closely with quality control
and the manufacturing leadership. Essential Duties and
Responsibilities include the following, but not limited to:
- Design, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control (DMAIC) of
factory: Processes, Methods and associated work instructions.
- Display strong ability to work in cross-functional teams
including members from operations, engineering, customer service,
- Collect and analyze data driven information for process control
and capability improvement.
- Understand, lead and implement: Lean methodologies, engineering
practices, new product introduction and existing product changes.
This includes site projects.
- Reduce factory non-conformity -operational issues.
- Training of factory personnel in all of the above.
- Prepare technical drawings, machine and system specifications
to ensure operation and installation abide to plant standards and
- Reduce equipment down time while continuously improving machine
- Lead and participate in 5S activities plant wide with heavy
emphasis in machine reliability, testing and equipment/system
troubleshooting. Qualifications Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial
Engineering or similar disciplines
- Minimum of three (3) years of related work experience
- Knowledge of 5S to improve safety and the factory
- Habituated manufacturing and lean experience.
- Practiced experience with electrical, instrumentation, and
- Must have professional working proficiency with Allen Bradley
Programmable Logic Controllers and Drives. (This includes writing
and modification of program code and troubleshooting PLC/Drives
- Must have AutoCAD and/or SOLIDWORKS experience.
- Ability to read electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office application tools:
Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience in technical writing.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with excellent time and
project management skills in a fast-paced environment to adhere to
- Ability to establish goals and objectives to complete projects
while monitoring specific objectives assigned to individual
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Up to 10% of Domestic travel with some notice will be
- Six Sigma green belt level or higher to improve product
- Five (5) or more years of practical manufacturing experience
and involvement in process improvement efforts.
- Experience with REVIT & Microsoft Project. Teledyne is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual
origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran
Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an
accommodation while seeking employment,please email
email@example.com or call (855)479-1480.
Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be
made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries
concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a
Keywords: Teledyne Technologies, Redlands , Engineer, Manufacturing Process 2, Engineering , Redlands, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!