Operations Engineer - Cloud Services
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Do you enjoy the challenges of working with cloud-based technology to deploy geospatial data and mapping, analysis, and visualization applications and services? Join us and help Esri advance and implement cloud-based solutions that are making a difference around the globe.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team environment to deploy cloud solutions for a wide range of commercial; utility; natural resources; federal, state, and local government; and other customers
- Deploy, administer, monitor, and troubleshoot ArcGIS Enterprise-based solutions in cloud environments, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure (Azure)
- Automate deployment and utilize cloud DevOps
- Implement and validate solution changes, ensuring minimal downtime and maximum operational efficiency
- Be proactive in recognizing and handling uptime and performance challenges
- Engage with Development, QA, and Product teams in bringing cases to resolution
- Troubleshoot the system and provide root cause analysis
- Provide rotational 24/7 on-call technical support
- 3+ years of experience designing, administering, and/or maintaining cloud environments, such as Azure or AWS, supporting 24--7 high-availability production environments
- Experience hosting business mission-critical production environments with high up-time service level agreements (SLA)
- Experience with hardware- or software-based firewalls, load balancers, and proxy servers
- Experience with enterprise firewalling, network security principles, and general networking best practices
- Experience with Oracle; Microsoft SQL, PL/SQL; and/or other RDBMS and Windows, Linux, and/or other server environments
- Knowledge of AWS, specifically VPC, EC2, SG, R53, S3, CF, Cloudformation, Cloudwatch, IAM, RDS, ELB, AutoScaling, and WAF
- Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interact directly with customers who do not have an IT background
- Current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, information systems, mathematics, GIS, or a related field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Esri software including ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Runtime, and their associated APIs or interfaces
- Experience administering FedRAMP environments
- Experience with one of the following automation tools: Kickstart, Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible
- Programming and scripting experience with Python, PowerShell
- Web application server experience, such as Apache, NGINX, JBoss, Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic
- In-depth understanding of TCP/IP LAN/WAN networking technologies and troubleshooting techniques
- Linux/Windows system administration in a complex data center environment
- Cloud and security industry certifications, such as AWS and Azure, CISSP, CCSP, and others as applicable
- Familiarity with optimizing configuration management and server deployment using automation and DevOps with a strong preference toward PowerShell, Chef, Git, and TFS source code repository
- Experience with cloud architecture and components including compute, storage, and networking, as well as scripting experience (tools, process, methods, troubleshooting) and deployment concepts, such as continuous integration
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Keywords: Esri, Redlands , Operations Engineer - Cloud Services, Engineering , Redlands, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!