Yard Shuttle Manager
Company: Ashley Furniture
Posted on: January 14, 2020
Help us help our customers realize their dreams of a beautiful
home! -Join The #1 Furniture Company-Join The #1 Furniture
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of
furniture in the world. Established in 1945, Ashley offers one of
the industry's broadest product assortments to retail partners in
Design, Build, Deliver
Using our internationally acclaimed in-house design team, we create
the look without paying expensive design fees. Then, by adhering to
some of the most efficient production standards in the world, we
are able to maximize productivity and minimize waste, generating
additional savings for you. Finally, all orders are filled from
strategically located regional warehouses and are serviced by our
own fleet of trucks, the largest in the industry.
The Yard and Shuttle Manager is responsible for the management of
yard and shuttle operations; for maintaining yard organization, and
productivity; planning yard layout to ensure utilization and
efficiency; planning schedules for coverage of all shifts and
hours. This position is accountable for safety and safe work
practices of the team, team performance and operating efficiency,
equipment utilization and maintenance, timely execution of moves
and communication with the docks, yard organization, daily
scheduling and staffing levels, assessing future needs and
communicating needs in areas such as staffing, equipment, grounds,
and yard configurations. Directly supervises yard and shuttle
drivers on multiple shifts and locations.
- Development and maintenance of trailer parking schemes and maps
within distribution center yards to best utilize space
- Scheduling and shift development for the yard drivers,
interplant shuttle drivers, and equipment to ensure efficient
operation. Ensure that docks are not constrained.
- Analyze equipment demand versus pool size and make
recommendations for relocation of trailers.
- Audit and maintain reporting on local storage trailers and road
trailers to ensure proper usage and utilization.
- Complete daily yard check in for manufacturing and distribution
center, daily yard checks into carrier specific spreadsheets for
shared reporting to management.
- Assist Corporate Yard/Shuttle Operations Manager to improve
working conditions and process (safety, quality, productivity, and
cost) including supporting and directing employees to participate
in improvement programs.
- Maintain constant and constructive communication with our
customers inside of the facility to ensure alignment of schedules
and needs to drive efficiency.
- Manage all yard and shuttle operations across multiple yards on
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring,
improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions,
terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing
members of the team to meet the area's goals. Audit regularly to
ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making
improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and
administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement
employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee
records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and
facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team
meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training,
and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees,
methods and materials.
- Associate degree in Yard Operations, Business or related field,
or equivalent work experience, Required
- 4 years' yard operations and/or transportation experience,
- Supervisory/Management experience
Licenses or Certifications:
- MVR that meets or exceeds company standard for driver
- Commercial Driver License or ability to obtain
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with MS
Office, internet, and transportation management software
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Strong attention to detail
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Problem solve and make decisions especially in a fast-paced,
- Provide effective leadership, promote teamwork and demonstrate
the ability to lead people to get results
- Address difficult customer and employee issues & concerns
- Delegate tasks to appropriate individuals
- Smoothly adapt to change
- Maintain confidentiality
- Read, interpret and understand key process measures and
recommend ideas for improvement
- Possess and demonstrate leadership skills and initiative to
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude that motivates
others and promotes enthusiasm
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and
internal & external customers
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult
employee/vendor/customer issues or inquires
- Maintain confidentiality
- Management of resources to optimize equipment, facilities,
employees, methods, and materials
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug free
working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all
candidates only those meeting specific job requirements may be
contacted. Principals Only.
Keywords: Ashley Furniture, Redlands , Yard Shuttle Manager, Executive , Redlands, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!