Company: The Everest Group
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Our client Performance Team a Maersk Company, is a progressive
growth oriented National Third Party Dedicated Logistics provider.
With an extensive prestigious list of mass retail, apparel,
e-commerce and CPG Fortune 50, 100 and 500 companies. Performance
Team/ Maersk has established an aggressive strategic plan to
continue to capture additional market share.
Manages multiple large scale operations and all activities related
to operations and development of company products by performing the
following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Summary: This position is highly visible and plays an integral role
on our operations team. Directs and oversees operational policies,
objectives, and initiatives. Responsible for developing,
implementing, maintaining and improving the operational functions
of the Transportation / Distribution facility while maintaining
effective and efficient service to customers with a focus on
quality, productivity, safety, loss prevention and employee
relations. Responsible for evaluating current and proposed systems
and procedures and determining and implementing changes as
necessary. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and
accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains logistics operations business plans to
include all program requirements, labor hours, cycle, production
costs, and image.
- Establishes production and quality control standards, develops
budget and cost controls, and obtains data regarding types,
quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products
- Provides guidance to the development of a logistics process
plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract
requirements, facility needs, and tooling and equipment
- Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery
commitments are met.
- Coordinates logistics activities with all other functions of
the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and
utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Responsible for financial analysis and aggressive management of
- Reviews production and operating reports and directs the
resolution of operational, logistics, and maintenance problems to
ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Determines responsibilities of assigned organization and staff
positions to accomplish business objectives.
- Distribution focus: oversight of shipping/receiving,
picking/packing, and inventory
- Experienced in rapid carton throughput import
- Store delivery focus: unloading, sorting, segregating,
palletizing, load out, on-time delivery
- Domestic pickup and delivery functions
- Leverages continuous improvement methods to enhance labor
productivity and process accuracy while maintaining a clean and
safe work environment
- Performs managerial functions, such as, mentoring, coaching,
administering performance reviews, conducting disciplinary actions,
and interviewing employment candidates
- Engage with staff to develop talent and encourage leadership
growth amongst employees
- Drive a high-performance culture characterized by an empowered,
highly engaged team
- Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and
comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures,
- Position is full-time and on-site.
Supervises up to 6 direct reports with 300 indirect reports.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor s Degree plus 7 to 15 years of experience in a fast
paced warehousing environment with increasing
- Demonstrated expertise in managing growing warehousing
- Experience in a 3PL environment supporting multiple customers
or lines of business helpful.
- Demonstrated experience working with customers to improve
business operations and results.
- Experience supporting negotiations for new or increased
- Experience implementing and managing key performance indicators
throughout operations and holding management and employees
accountable for performance metrics.
- Solid financial, analytical and P&L experience.
- Familiarity with Lean techniques and continuous improvement
- Experience with warehouse management and transportation
management systems (WMS/TMS).
- Experience working with remote headquarters and functional
resources, ability to build effective relationships, solve
problems, and get things done.
- Experience creating a high-trust, high-performance, team
- Demonstrated leadership and people-management skills.
Keywords: The Everest Group, Redlands , Operations Manager, Executive , Redlands, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!