Customer Experience Manager
Company: HOME DEPOT USA, INC
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Customer Experience Managers (CXMs) are members of the store
leadership and management team, overseeing execution of store
standards across the entire store, including customer service,
department readiness, and operational process. CXMs manage all
activities required to ensure a safe opening and closing process.
They coach associates, address customer service escalations, and
perform Manager on Duty (MOD) responsibilities. CXMs communicate
priorities, ensure daily tasks are completed and that the store is
running smoothly. At times, CXMs may be the only Manager available
and will be expected to make business and associate decisions in
partnership with appropriate resources and within standard
operating procedures (SOPs). CXMs will provide input to the Store
Manager (SM) and Assistant Store Managers (ASM) on Associate
performance through the ongoing performance management and talent
planning discussions. Although the CXM does not have direct
reports, they will participate in the selection and hiring process
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- Drive customer service and associate engagement; coach
Associates on proper customer service techniques and ensure team is
providing the highest level of customer service.
- Resolve customer escalations within the store and through
- Ensure Department Supervisors and Floor Sales Associates are
prepared for high-volume sales periods.
- Monitor customer flow through checkouts and take action to
ensure customers are receiving fast, friendly service.
- Take corrective action as necessary.
- Provide in the moment coaching based on observations and
- Partner with Assistant Store Managers (ASM's) regarding formal
performance conversations and discipline.
- Recognize Associates for demonstrating expectations and use
recognition tools (Associate Awards) to highlight associates
demonstrating value based behaviors and productivity.
- Give input to ASMs on associate performance and participate in
talent planning for all hourly associates
- Assist SM and ASMs with associate interview and hiring
- Approve and address missed time-clock punches, variances,
schedule changes, receive call outs and communicate with ASMs and
SM regarding follow-up actions
- Ensure adherence to work rule policies regarding safety
referenced in the Standards of Performance.
- Hold Associates accountable for following all SOPs.
50% Manager on Duty:
- Lead store kickoff meeting and walk each department to ensure
- Communicate messages, priorities and task to all
- Perform Opening, Closing and MOD tasking as well as other whole
store focus responsibilities.
- Validate daily store priorities with ASMs and SMs.
- Ensure associates complete all store checklist in accordance
with timing expectations.
- Provide input to associates, verify issue correction, and
preventative action is put in place.
- Ensure Associates follow all safety and Hazmat procedures and
Safety Matters guidelines at all times.
- Make sure all equipment and machines are functioning
- Review current and upcoming events and ads to determine if any
action is required, partner with appropriate Department Supervisor
or Assistant Store Manager as required.
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- Reports to Store Manager
- Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of
others. This may include direct supervision of a shift or the
coordination of multiple work groups.
Travel: No travel required.
- Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires
lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be
regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as
dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong
drafts, or bright lights.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Ability to work a flexible schedulePreferred
- Whole store management
- Big box retail experience
- Home improvement industry experience
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through
the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
- Manages Conflict
- Develops Talent
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Engagement
$47,000 - $57,000 - Starting pay may vary based on a number of
factors, including but not limited to, position offered, location,
and the individual's knowledge, skills, and ability
Keywords: HOME DEPOT USA, INC, Redlands , Customer Experience Manager, Executive , Redlands, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!