CCT Registered Nurse (On Call) in Redlands, CA
Company: American Medical Response
Posted on: November 5, 2019
CCT REGISTERED NURSE (ON CALL) IN REDLANDS, CA
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Critical Care Transport Nurse (On Call)
Reports To: Nurse Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Open Shifts in San Bernardino County are:
24 Hour Shifts/3 shifts per month
The Critical Care Transport Nurse performs basic life support,
advance life support and critical care nursing. The CCT Transport
Nurse provides direct patient care to the ill and injured during
the transport and the local EMS transport and treatment protocols.
The CCT Transport Nurse functions under standing orders of the
physician or the medical director. The CCT Transport Nurse performs
assessments, treats, and monitors patients during inter-facility
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
* Responds to patient care and/or critical care transport unit
calls according to program protocols.
* Provides high quality routine and emergency nursing care of the
patient in the transport environment in accordance with established
CCT program policies, protocols, standards of care, standing
orders, and under the medical control of the sending physician.
* Provides patient care within the Registered Nurse scope of
practice as defined by the Board of Registered Nursing and per CCT
standardized procedure, utilizing critical thinking skills to
manage the critically ill or injured adult or pediatric
* Performs a complete assessment on each transport patient.
* Documents all assessment findings, therapeutic interventions
performed and patient responses on the CCT Patient Care Record.
* Notes all physicians transport orders.
* Acts as a member of the Critical Care Transport Team by assisting
the EMT's in the transfer of the patient from bed to gurney and
* The CCT RN is responsible for the care of the patient including
any emergency procedures the patient may require while under their
care. These procedures may include but are not limited to CPR and
oral endotracheal intubation.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* The CCT RN, along with the crew, is responsible for changing
oxygen and air tanks that have less than 500psi gas remaining or
for making sure they are changed.
* Completes daily/regularly scheduled transport unit equipment
* Maintains equipment in working order and ensures transport
vehicles are kept clean and fully stocked.
* Accurately completes supply, billing and data collection forms as
* Participates in CCT Program Quality Improvement activities.
* Maintains an adequate knowledge of and complies with all company
policies and procedures, codes of safe practice, and Critical Care
Transport policies and protocols.
* Maintains personal knowledge of current critical care nursing
* Maintains personal knowledge of current EMT and EMT-P scope of
practice in California and the applicable county in which the CCT
* Completes documentation on Controlled Substances per CCT
* Participates in continuing education and training activities for
EMT's in activities specific to their practice in the CCT
* Participates in company-wide programs such as Safety and Risk
Management and Code of Conduct.
* Demonstrates effective communication skills with all external and
internal customers, including patients and their families, hospital
staff, the community, EMT's, ALS/BLS Operations personnel and CCT
* Attends and participates in all required staff meetings and
* Completes CCT transport documentation per program policy.
* Maintains all required licensure and certifications in accordance
with company policy.
* Represents the CCT program and AMR in a professional manner.
NONESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Perform other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
May need use of personal vehicle with mileage compensation. *
Current registration as an RN/EMS
* Minimum 2 years of ICU RN experience or 5 years
ED/CCT/Cardiac/Trauma RN experience, which includes the following:
Management of the unstable adult cardiac patient, Management of the
unstable patient of other etiologies, Management of the patient
requiring mechanical ventilator support, and Management of the
patient requiring invasive hemodynamic monitoring. Knowledge of
professional nursing practice and theory. Knowledge of principles
and practice of patient transport operations upon successful
completion of the CCT orientation and training program. Ability to
assess, plan, organize, implement and evaluate patient care
activities. Ability to function independently; to prioritize,
delegate and utilize critical thinking skills in a variety of
patient care situations. Ability to communicate effectively
verbally and in writing. Ability to establish and maintain
effective working relationships with fellow personnel, patients and
their families, hospital staff, the public, and other collaborating
agencies. Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication
skills are also required.
* Current ACLS, PALS, BLS-C (or equivalent) provider status.
* Current CPR certification
* Valid Driver s License
* PHTLS Certification desired
* ICS courses, please refer to link
* IS-100B (ICS 100)
* IS-200B (ICS 200)
* IS-700A (NIMS)
* IS-800B (NIMS)
* Current critical care inter-facility transfer experience; CEN,
CCRN, TNCC or ENC Certification; BTLS/PHTLS
* NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Provider), it can be acquired within
first 6 months of hire.
* Frequently: Kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, flexibility,
and multiple physical activities performed at the same time
(carrying multiple equipment while pushing on pram)
* Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, simple touching,
walking (inside and outside), pushing, pulling, reaching, sitting,
driving ambulance, seeing
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including
American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer
including Veterans and Disabled
Keywords: American Medical Response, Redlands , CCT Registered Nurse (On Call) in Redlands, CA, Healthcare , Redlands, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!