Posted on: May 4, 2020
OverviewWe are actively recruiting for this position.
As the situation surrounding the coronavirus disease 2019
(COVID-19) continues to evolve, Esri is supporting our users and
the community at large with software, services, and materials that
are helping people understand, manage, and communicate the impact
of the outbreak. Visit our COVID-19 Maps, Resources, and Insights
page to see some of the things we are doing.
understand data when proximity and location matter. Your work will
help developer communities reimagine the capabilities of
location-aware software applications that enable real-world
improvements in governments and organizations. You will be part of
a team that influences lasting contributions for communities with
the web and mobile applications you create.
industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and
- Solve and articulate complex problems through application
design, product development, and user experiences. Location does
matter--you will make it easier for people to visualize their data
with location in mind
- Develop software used by people who are not software
developers. Ensure the exceptional software you create influences
them to be exceptional professionals in their respective
- Collaborate with other programmers and developers throughout
the development process
- Leverage the knowledge of your peers to better understand
business trends, customer communities, and technology adoption
with complementary programming languages, development
methodologies, user interface design techniques, and database
- 2+ years of front end development experience with a fluency and
- Proficiency with additional front end development technologies
such as HTML5, CSS3, Node.JS, etc.
- An entrepreneurial awareness of how technology enables
excellence within governments and organizations--you need to be
interested in why we are developing software, not just how we
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to present to both technical and non-technical
- Understand the importance of software development methodologies
(Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, RAD, RUP) and software design techniques
(UML, entity relationship diagramming, use cases, data flow
diagramming); know how they impact the quality of your design
process, team collaboration, and work product
- Working knowledge of databases such as MongoDB, Oracle, SQL
- Object oriented design skills
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, computer
engineering, or mathematics
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- HTML, REST, iOS, Android, Grunt, Node, AngularJS,
- SQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, RDBMS
- Dojo, JQuery
- OpenGL or DirectX
- Web services
- Experience with 2D and 3D data visualization
The CompanyOur passion for improving quality of life through
geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic
information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables
governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money,
lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the
changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is
uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we
offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and
profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and
professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for
reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!