C++ Backend Developer
Posted on: May 5, 2020
OverviewIf you have a passion for developing reliable and
performant backend code in a complex server environment that can
handle creating and serving complex 3D visualization data, there
may be a role for you in our 3D development group.
We are actively looking for more colleagues to join us in creating
the world's best geospatial mapping and data analysis platform. As
a platform that serves millions of users and domains, our software
needs to be modular, reusable, and well crafted. We iterate
rapidly, constantly learning from feedback, metrics, and the
mission and goals of our broad user community.
Strong math skills and the ability to design and implement data
structures leveraging non-trivial algorithms are among the traits
we are looking for.
- Build C++ software components that follow industry-standard
design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment
- Work closely with product engineers to implement requirements
and create application architectures and API to meet product
- Design and develop stable software that includes automated test
- Develop reusable components and libraries for use internally
and as open source
- Work within agile processes for short cycle, fast-paced
- Take on complex goals that push the boundary of the
- Solve and articulate complex problems through application
design, development, and exemplary user experiences
- Strong knowledge of C++ (STL, C++ 11, Boost)
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, and design
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and test-driven
- Experience developing software that runs on a server or on the
- Experience with application scripting languages (e.g., Python,
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, engineering,
mathematics, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Experience with data visualization, mapping, and GIS
- Experience in Java
- Familiarity with Esri ArcGIS or other web mapping
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.#LI-CK1
The CompanyOur passion for improving quality of life through
geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic
information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables
governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money,
lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the
changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is
uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we
offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and
profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and
professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please email email@example.com and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for
reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail
Keywords: Esri, Redlands , C++ Backend Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Redlands, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!