Technical Services Specialist III
Company: Harkins Theatres
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Harkins Theatres is looking for a Technical Services Specialist
III to join our Information Technology team. The Technical Services
Specialist III provides advanced technical support for all
technology including desktop computing hardware/software,
Point-of-Sale (POS), phone, CCTV, projection, sound systems, and/or
other related technology systems. They assist with security system
maintenance and troubleshooting including security and access
- Responds to, troubleshoots and resolves helpdesk tickets and
provides others with guidance/instruction for completing work
orders or repairs to company equipment.
- Performs extensive work and maintenance of projection and sound
systems including component level part replacement, replacement of
bulbs, lubrication and adjustment of projectors, and physical
cleaning of electronic equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs acute performance problems with the
projection and sound systems.
- Works safely with electrical distribution systems at the
- Manages, sets up and tests theatre rentals requiring audio
and/or video presentation including the allocation of equipment to
ensure overlapping events are properly equipped and staffed.
- Operates equipment for rentals when needed or instructs
management on equipment operation.
- Takes down, properly stores and inventories equipment upon
completion of theatre rentals.
- Performs preventative maintenance on technical equipment as
scheduled or assigned.
- Install, configure, secure, maintain and monitor workstations,
printers and other associated equipment to ensure a stable and
efficient computing environment.
- Maintains and troubleshoots desktop/laptop computing systems
and provides first level support of servers and data networking
- Installs, configures and manages software including operating
systems, productivity tools, anti-virus and other software
- Assists with managing network accounts, email groups and other
- Assists with security system maintenance including cabling,
installing, configuring, testing, maintaining, monitoring and
troubleshooting CCTV digital recorders, cameras, access control
systems and related equipment.
- Reviews security logs, performs audit procedures daily,
monitors systems and assists with user code verification during
- Develops and maintains appropriate relationships with employees
to facilitate communication on issues and feedback.
- Assists with the running of wires and cables, and the assembly
and installation of equipment associated with new theatre
- Assists in the development of documentation for projects,
systems and processes.
- Assists with user training.
- Works with vendors and maintenance teams to support technology
- Tracks and manages hardware inventory.
- Manages the shipping, exchange and repair of technology
hardware per maintenance agreements.
- Maintains theatre signage, HDN network equipment and special
- Flexible to work variable schedules.
- Travel required between designated company locations daily with
up to 15% out-of-town travel.
- Must carry a company cell phone and be available evenings and
weekends for emergencies.
- Must have current auto insurance and valid driver's license at
- Performs and assists others with special projects as
- College degree or high school diploma or GED, and 5 years
computer hardware and software maintenance experience.
- 5 years' experience in movie theatre projection, sound,
desktop, POS support, and administration of Microsoft operating
- Experience working with peripheral devices and other
computer-based systems such as CCTV, phone systems, etc.
- Experience with basic computer networking and computer security
account management preferred.
- Working experience with Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory,
the full Microsoft Office suite and Internet research.
- Able to train and support of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word,
- Supervisory/training/mentoring experience a plus.
- Able to operate appropriate test equipment (oscilloscope,
volt-ohm meter, audio analysis, light meter).
- Able to perform and train lock out-tag out procedures.
- Must pass a written proficiency test of necessary skills and
- Flexible to work variable schedules and accept added
- Reliable work vehicle and willingness to travel.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to read/write English.We Offer:
- Competitive pay
- Excellent Health Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision)
dramatically subsidized by the company
- Short and long term disability and life insurance plans 100%
paid by company
- Company 401k match of 100% for the first 6%
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off in addition to sick pay benefits and paid
- Free soda and popcorn in the office
- FREE MOVIES and much more!Harkins Theatres is an equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color,
disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.We thank all
applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however
only those selected for an interview will be contacted.By applying
to work for Harkins Theatres you agree to our Workplace Privacy
Policy, available here
Keywords: Harkins Theatres, Redlands , Technical Services Specialist III, IT / Software / Systems , Redlands, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!