Business Analyst- SAP
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Join our dynamic team and work with analysts, developers, and business users to solve key system-related problems and improve existing processes.Responsibilities:
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis
- Evaluate gathered information, identify and reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract general understanding from low-level information, and distinguish wants from true needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with clients and technical teams to prioritize requirements, evaluate potential solutions, define a proposed solution, propose quick fixes, and develop model business processes
- Create and revise analysis artifacts and deliverables as needed such as business requirements, functional requirements, use cases, business rules, business process models
- Collaborate with product owners and stakeholders to prepare user stories as part of an Agile team
- Successfully engage in multiple, simultaneous initiatives
- Work independently with clients to define concepts
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions and how they will successfully execute their plans
- Collaborate on integration and acceptance testing
- Keep current on changes in SAP Material Management and Procurement
- Build solutions by adhering to SAP standards and best practices
- 7+ years of direct work experience on teams as a business analyst
- 7 years of SAP MM and Procurement configuration and related work experience
- Understanding of SAP Procure to Pay and product life-cycle management
- Understanding of logistics invoice verification and inventory control
- Understanding of SAP production planning, material requirements planning (MRP), and materials management workflow
- Cross-functional knowledge of integration points between SAP FICO, PS, and SD
- Process-driven analysis skills and background in various requirement discovery methods
- Full life cycle experience on multiple projects
- Strong facilitation skills to elicit requirements
- Understand technical jargon and possess the ability to communicate it in layman's terms
- Proven experience in driving consensus across multiple stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with clients, team members, and management
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes
- Professional experience with Microsoft Visio and Project
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products
- Bachelor's or higher in business, computer science, or a related field
- S/4HANA implementation experience
- ABAP debugging experience
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Keywords: Esri, Redlands , Business Analyst- SAP, IT / Software / Systems , Redlands, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!