DevOps Engineer - Developer Experience
Posted on: July 15, 2019
OverviewAre you an energetic and passionate DevOps engineer who
wants to make an impact on Esri's world-wide developer community?
Blend your passion for your craft and interest in developer
technology to advance developer-focused tools and documentation for
Esri's ArcGIS for Developers website. In this role, you'll work
with the ArcGIS for Developers team to deploy and operate our
systems. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and
operations. Optimize processes, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in
our dev, test, and production environments.
- Design and implement operational architecture and processes for
a variety of workflows for building and deploying the ArcGIS for
- Manage operational infrastructure and procedures across
- Build, test, and maintain deployment automation
- Manage deployments across multiple environments
- Manage continuous integration software build systems
- Design and implement monitoring systems
- Respond to alerts; troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Help develop and extend the ArcGIS for Developers website
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in DevOps for operational
- Experience deploying, managing, and automating web applications
with and continuous integration using Git, Linux containers
(Docker/Rkt), and Jenkins
- Experience with QA testing and test automation
- Understanding of performant, scalable, cloud-based
- Interest in systems monitoring and process automation
- Building and automating processes and workflows
- Bachelor's in computer science or related field, depending on
- Proficiency with monitoring tools such as Prometheus and
- Familiarity with HashiCorp tools such as Nomad, Terraform,
Packer, Consul, and Vault
- Experience with Jenkins Pipelines and libraries
- Ability to share your expertise through documentation and
- Passionate about creating workflows that help produce a great
self-service developer experience
- Familiarity with Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Nginx, Puppet/Chef,
- Familiarity with languages such as Golang and Python
The CompanyOur passion for improving quality of life through
geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic
information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables
governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money,
lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the
changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is
uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we
offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and
profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and
professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for
reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail
Keywords: Esri, Redlands , DevOps Engineer - Developer Experience, IT / Software / Systems , Redlands, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!