Pre-Fund Examiner 2
Company: Wells Fargo
Posted on: March 15, 2020
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact
information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your
current resume prior to submitting your application for
consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will
need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by
both email and text message. In order to receive text message
invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number
designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact
information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs
and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented
people who will put our customers at the center of everything we
do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued
and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding
talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Banking is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and
consumers, in addition to operating one of the most extensive
banking franchises in the country. We serve mass market, affluent,
and small business customers; as well as provide home and personal
lending. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for
our customers through financial advice and guidance coupled with
providing the products and services that will help them realize
their financial hopes and dreams. We've built our team of top
professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they
have what's needed to succeed.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside
Our Mortgage team supports the nation's leading originator and
servicer of residential mortgages.
This Prefund Examiner 2 ensures compliance with internal company
requirements and/or agency or government regulations. Analyzes
risks and offsets and develops solutions for problems identified.
May conduct credit, closing and compliance reviews. Effectively
communicates overall process and transaction quality and provides
feedback to appropriate contacts regarding identified deficiencies.
Effectively extends decisioning logic to different situations.
Establishes and maintains effective business partner
Responsibilities include performing in-depth pre-fund loan reviews
and validating complex transactions to ensure program, investor
and/or company polices are followed. Ensures compliance with
internal company requirements and/or agency or government
regulations. Analyzes risks and offsets and develops solutions for
problems identified. May conduct credit, closing and compliance
reviews. Effectively communicates overall process and transaction
quality and provides feedback to appropriate contacts regarding
identified deficiencies, which may include suspending credit
decision until deficiencies are resolved. Effectively extends
decisioning logic to different situations. Establishes and
maintains effective business partner relationships.
As part of Wells Fargo Home Lending, National Underwriting and
Production Risk Management (NUPRM) identifies and adopts best
practices and controls in relation to retail mortgage products.
Production Quality Support manages risk and provides oversight and
inspection of the loan manufacturing processes for the home lending
This team consists multiple functions that: detect and mitigate
fraud, provide 3rd party inspection services to improve quality and
performance, address and resolve borrower escalations, review and
certify underwriter decisioning authority and business continuity
planning for NUPRM and other support functions for the home lending
Primary functions of the Quality Reviewer will include:
- Quality inspection of loan files including Conventional, FHA,
VA. This may include reviewing loans from a closing/compliance
- Mentor and coach peers and partners within Fulfillment
- Other functions include:
- Review and validate all credit documents, including but not
limited to: financial statements, credit reports, appraisal, income
and assets documents.
- Review applicable ratios (i.e. debt ratios, loan-to-value) to
ensure loan meets company and agency guidelines.
- Review and validation of property requirements including title
- Utilize current knowledge of company policy and procedures,
uses available tools and resources such as One Right Answer, QIS
methodology/philosophy etc. to validate credit decision.
- Examine transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- May prepare reports for fulfillment partners.
- Assist with fraud prevention and may partner with Fraud Risk
Prevention on projects/reviews.
- Serve as a consultant/technical resource on difficult problems
- Partner with fulfillment underwriters, managers, performance
coaches and lending officers.
- Communicate and discuss findings with partners.
- Mentor other reviewers on department procedures and
- Provide post authority reviews for underwriters receiving new
or additional authority to comply with the decisioning authority
- 4+ years of underwriting experience
- Knowledge and understanding of government and conventional
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of underwriting policies and
procedures, investor guidelines, and regulatory updates
- Knowledge and understanding of government and conventional
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working
relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet
aggressive time frames
- 3+ years of experience with income analysis including exposure
to reviewing self-employment, corporate, and partnerships tax
- 3+ years of advanced asset analysis and experience working with
- Experience with underwriting policies and procedures such as
risk-layering and asset evaluation
- Consumer regulatory risk management experience
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the
candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo, Redlands , Pre-Fund Examiner 2, Other , Redlands, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!