Company: Planet Technology
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Planet Technology is seeking a Product Designer to join one of
our software clients based in southern California. Product Designer
- Work closely with Leadership to plan execution of key
deliverables that will drive standardization UI language across
Design, Engineering, Marketing, and Content.
- Partner with Product Design and Engineering stakeholders from
multiple teams and your peers to deliver best-in-class solutions
(e.g. creation of UI components, documentation, Figma component
libraries, accessibility standards, content design standards, etc.)
that will help increase adoption of Design system.
- Facilitate educational demos, Figma component libraries, and
Figma best practices to Product Design and Engineering teams,
conveying program innovative practices, while providing guidelines
and mentorship to those teams to ensure they are set for success to
consume provided guidelines.
- Create and manage Figma component libraries, defining
components, variants, states, auto-layout, versioning, design
tokens, accessibility guidelines, applying Figma latest practices
and structing files and content in a way that allows designers and
developers easily utilize Figma deliverables.
- Write documentation of UI components, creating usage
guidelines, defining anatomy, placement, behavior, and providing
interactive examples, while ensuring communication of versioning
and status updates to consumers.
- Partner with Design System lead, engineers, and product
managers to triage issues, and address them by creating product
design deliverables ahead of Engineering schedule.
- Facilitate design reviews, ensuring feedback from team members
is incorporated into your work.
- Conduct user research on users, identifying design system
growth areas and proactively advocating for the right work.
- Validate implemented UI components, ensuring UI components
created in Figma and code are consistent.
- Collaborate with Accessibility stakeholders to guard compliance
of UI components with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
and establish Accessibility checklists and documentation that will
increase users' awareness of accessibility standards and best
practices.Product Designer Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience designing and shipping product on web
- Proven record of managing design systems; a portfolio that
demonstrates your expertise in Design Systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Figma with at least 2+ years designing,
governing, and scaling component libraries.
- Experience utilizing WCAG into design solutions.
- Expertise in facilitating workshops and presenting to large
- Familiarity with GitHub and front-end technologies (Stencil,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for continuous improvement and advocacy for leveraging
innovative Design and Front-end practices.
Keywords: Planet Technology, Redlands , Product Designer, Other , Redlands, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!