Company: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Job Description Summary
Responsible for daily management of the production line and associates to ensure all product is manufactured to meet organization targets for Safety, Quality, Delivery, & Cost through the use of lean methodologies / tools and a continuous improvement culture.
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health is our Purpose, and it's no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us-from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year-to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
We believe that the human element, across our global teams, is what allows us to continually evolve. Join us and discover an environment in which you'll be supported to learn, grow and become your best self. Become a maker of possible with us.
This role is considered a temporary assignment, with benefits, beginning immediately and anticipated to end on 12/31/2024, subject to business conditions. If, at the end of that period, you have not obtained another position within BD, your employment will terminate and you will be eligible for severance benefits per the Severance Plan currently in effect.
SHIFT: Monday - Thursday, typical hours 7:00pm-5:00am
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Proactively leading and developing assigned department within the framework of manufacturing systems.
* Produce quality product according to schedule and in accordance with product specifications.
* Direct and supervise proper training of subordinates to include: GMP, Product Construction, Quality, Safety, Process, Product Use, BD Business.
* Evaluate employee performance and provide appropriate feedback.
* Support the accomplishment of plant and department goals and objectives.
* Schedule and follow-up on repair and replacement of the department's equipment as needed.
* Promote and maintain departmental housekeeping as required for a medical device manufacturing facility.
* Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* High School Diploma/GED required
* Bachelor's degree in a technical or business related field - preferred
* 4 years supervisory/leadership experience required
* Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
* Strong computer skills
* Experience with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and continuous improvement activities preferred
* Must be able to work the night shift, typically (7pm - 5am), Monday - Thursday
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company's receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BD's Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why Join Us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that encourages you to bring your authentic self to work. It's also a place where we help each other be great, we do what's right, we hold each other accountable, and learn and improve every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time. And through the organization's investment in BD University, you will continually level up your tech skills and expertise.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you'll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
To learn more about BD visit https://bd.com/careers
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA SC - Moncks Corner
Job Description Summary
Keywords: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Redlands , Forklift Operator, Other , Redlands, California
here to apply!