Vehicle Service Technician in Redlands, CA
Company: Global Medical Response
Posted on: November 22, 2020
VEHICLE SERVICE TECHNICIAN IN REDLANDS, CA
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Vehicle Service Technician
Location: Redlands, Ca
Please note: This is not a Mechanic position.
SUMMARY: The Vehicle Service Technician (VST) is responsible for
ensuring that all ambulances are response ready for the field crews
coming in for their shift assignment, with the goal of reducing
down time and increasing the quality and delivery of our services
to the crews and our patients. The delivered product is a clean
vehicle inside and outside with well stocked shelves and
functioning equipment. It is important that the product produced is
maintained to the highest standard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Vehicle inventory check/control of supplies and equipment.
* Clean ambulances inside and outside.
* Restock ambulance supplies daily.
* Ensure deep cycling of monitor batteries as required.
* Mechanical check vehicles, fluid, window washer fluid.
* Ensure the workspace is clean and organized.
* Requisition supplies for replacement.
* Inform Supervisor of breakdowns and cause of equipment failure
* Inform fleet maintenance of breakdowns and cause/reallocate
ambulance to crew and keep accurate log.
* Document condition of ambulance turned in and schedule ambulance
preparedness for shift personnel.
* Update crew in service information on computer for equipment
* Must be professional and appropriately dressed at all times.
* Respond to daily phone inquiries from crews to help facilitate
coordination between departments.
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform other duties required.
High school diploma or GED. Possess and maintain an acceptable
Motor Vehicle Record. Possess a valid California Driver s License.
Basic Knowledge of Micro Soft Office. Ability to work under time
constraints. Effective oral, written and interpersonal
communication skills. Effective interpersonal skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Occasionally: Smelling, lifting 70 lbs.,
kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, flexibility, multiple
physical activities performed at the same time (carrying multiple
equipment while pushing on gurney, driving ambulance.
Frequently: Reading, walking inside and outside, visual inspection,
Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, simple touching,
pushing, pulling, reaching, and sitting.
This is a physically active position that requires extended periods
of movement including walking and standing. This makes up more than
half of the shift work.
Frequently: Analyzing, decision making
Constantly: Simple reading and writing, high math and writing
skills, clerical, memorization, perception/computation, problem
solving, simple math skills, judgment, reasoning.
Occasionally: Hazards, fatigue, patient care
Frequently: Repetitive tasks, intense tasks, busy environment.
Constantly: High pressure.
Occasionally: Wheelchair, telephone, vacuum cleaner, cleaning
equipment, protective devices, protective clothing, IV supplies,
gurney, maps, terminal, facsimile, computer/typewriter, keyboard,
stapler, 3 hole punch, sharpener, calculator,
Frequently: Telephone, pager, cell phone.
Occasionally: Works alone, inside, confined areas noise other
hazardous conditions (human excrement, blood, urine, mucous,
tissue, and asbestos), electrical equipment, and extended day.
Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face contact, verbal contact
with others, and works inside.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including
American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer
including Veterans and Disabled
Keywords: Global Medical Response, Redlands , Vehicle Service Technician in Redlands, CA, Professions , Redlands, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!