Sr. Network Engineer - Outside Plant
Company: Frontier Communications
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Sr. Network Engineer - Outside Plant. Job Description.Summary of
Position:This position is responsible for the application
engineering of telecommunications outside plant in a local serving
exchange environment. Subject matter expert of and for all
technical aspects of outside plant facilities work such as but not
limited to cable sizing, cable counts, cable records, permitting
for right of ways and easements. This position works as a team
member with Network Planning, Central Office, Transmission and
Operations to support the growth, replacements and upgrades of
telecommunications plant facilities. This position also supports
sales, marketing, operations and regulatory as needed.Specific
requirements of the position include:
- Engineering design for outside plant projects.
- Perform field staking.
- Proactive review of outside plant facilities to determine
necessary upgrades and enhancements.
- Communicate with state, county, city and national indices to
gain information on planned projects that involve growth and
- Coordinate with all utilities for project design and
construction to utilize joint trench.
- Communicate with all peers and departments to insure proper
- Maintain accurate cable records and updates.
- Attend pre-construction meetings for project designs.
- Apply for permits as required (State, DNR, City, County,
- Maintain and investigate right of ways and easements for
- Prepare project justifications for approvals including EWOP
documents loaded into Varasset.
- Prepare loop studies as needed.
- Prepare cost estimates for BDT's.
- Respond to DOR's as needed.
- Update records according to As-Builts.
- Land base into FROGS/Spatial Engineer (Frontier AutoCAD based
- Assist in annual budget design.
- All other activities with respect to the needs of the
business.QUALIFCATIONS:Must have detailed knowledge of outside
plant activities. Knowledge of engineering tools to include the
following, FROGS/Spatial Engineer (Frontier AutoCAD based GIS),
Adobe, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, email and other vendor
software. Excellent organizational skills, communications skills
(written and verbal) and customer relations will be utilized in
achieving desired results and are critical to the position. Outside
plant construction and project management experience and inventory
management experience. Experience in right of way, private easement
and permitting with local, state and federal entities. Must be able
to manage multiple projects in various stages of
activity.EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:B.S. in Engineering or equivalent, or
a minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience related to outside plant,
preferable in a local exchange environment. Must be able to
demonstrate knowledge with heavy emphasis on outside plant design,
cable count layout, and capacities. Must have a solid knowledge of
telecommunications outside plant. Must be able to participate and
lead project teams to achieve team objectives and goals. Strong
interpersonal skills are very important in discussions and meetings
with engineering team, regional managers, vendors, local
supervisors and technicians.
Keywords: Frontier Communications, Redlands , Sr. Network Engineer - Outside Plant, Professions , Redlands, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!