Inventory Control Supervisor
Company: Lamps Plus
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Inventory Control Supervisor Schedule: Mon, Tue, Wed, & Sun
- Weekly Pay
- Monthly Bonus Opportunity
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Flexible Spending
Account, Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off, 401(k), Sponsored/Voluntary life and AD&D at
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability and Voluntary Accident
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Employee Discounts and Recreation Discounts
- Ongoing professional development training, career advancement
opportunities and more!
- Free Attire, including steel toed shoes/bootsWe're currently
hiring an Inventory Control Supervisor to join our growing
Distribution Center Team. This role is responsible for managing the
day to day operation of the Inventory Control Department, in
compliance with company policies, procedures and standards. In
addition, the DC Inventory Control Supervisor is responsible for
managing inventory systems, processes and supervision of cycle
count and auditing process at the distribution center.Job
- Oversee the cycle count, auditing and other processes at the
distribution center. This includes planning, problem identification
and problem resolution of all count or audit variances.
- Collaborate with the distribution center managers and
supervisors, as well as store inventory management to resolve
store/internet discrepancies related to accuracy and quality of
- Analyze inventory variance and exception reports and perform
required research to correct discovered errors. Monitor inventory
data and procedures to ensure accuracy and quality of inventory
within the distribution center and review with the DC Inventory
- Train Inventory Control Specialists on procedures including
routine cycle counts, system generated random checks and other
related tasks, using warehouse management systems.
- Perform annual employee evaluations and forward to the DC
Inventory Control Manager for review and approval.
- Monitor inventory errors caused by receiving, shipping, returns
and all other distribution center personnel. Retain a record file
of inventory problems and persons responsible. Provide training
when necessary. Notify the appropriate supervisor of any problem
SKU's or process failures that occur on a regular basis.
- Interview and screen prospective employees and hire department
- Discipline, counsel employees and make recommendations on the
employment status of personnel in accordance with corporate
- May perform other tasks/duties as assigned by managementSkills
and Experience Requirements:Ability to
- Collaborate with the DC Inventory Control Manager and DC
management to improve the accuracy and efficiency of the
- Identify root causes of errors or operational deficiencies and
- Interface with all departments to provide support.Knowledge and
- A high school diploma or its equivalent (GED) is required, and
a Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred.
- Manhattan Associates WMS experience preferred. Analysis and
problem-solving as well as exceptional communication skills are a
- Minimum of three years' experience in Inventory Control
required, with an emphasis in inventory and quality control in a
high-volume distribution center environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of spreadsheets and warehouse inventory
management systems is required.Equipment Requirements:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain training certification for
all material handling equipment; specifically, burden carrier and
order pickerPhysical Requirements:
- Regular attendance at the distribution facility is
- Capable to work overtime when needed.
- Ability to continuously lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50
- Work in extreme temperature environments inside and outside
facility for extended periods of time.
Lamps Plus is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are
interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in
the United States; however, we are not able to sponsor visas for
Keywords: Lamps Plus, Redlands , Inventory Control Supervisor, Professions , Redlands, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!