Wound Care Technician, In-Home Care - Jovive Wound Care - Fern Ave
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Redlands, CA - Seeking Wound Care Technician, In-Home Care
Everybody Has A Role to Play in Transforming Healthcare
As an In-Home Wound Care Technician, you play a vital role in
assisting the medical director with the business operations of the
Wound Care Clinic. At Vituity we know the impact you can have.
Join the Vituity Team. At Vituity, our core values matter. We
embody a Culture of Caring by approaching every human interaction
with compassion and heart. With a Servant Leadership philosophy, we
focus on what we can accomplish when we put our patients and
colleagues first. An Ownership Mentality means we all have mutual
accountability to drive positive change for Vituity as a whole.
Finally, our focus on Innovation enables all of us to re-imagine
healthcare and bring about lasting change. Ultimately, we are
unified around the common purpose of transforming healthcare to
improve lives, and we believe everyone has a role to play in that.
Help us shape the future of healthcare.
Vituity Locations: Vituity has opportunities at 450 practice
locations across the country, serving 8 million patients a year.
With Vituity, if you ever need to move, you can take your job with
- Answers phones and takes accurate messages; handles basic
inquiries on behalf of Medical Director.
- Prepares data reports as needed for Medical Director and
third-party billing service.
- Attends and actively participates in all training, in-services,
and staff meetings.
- Performs general office duties, including monitoring inventory
of wound care supplies for expiration and ordering supplies as
needed to replenish inventory.
- Assembles and prepares wound care supplies (i.e., saline,
dressings) for providers to use in the field.
- Conducts patient call-backs as requested by physician/advanced
provider to accurately communicate lab results.
- Inspects charts from providers and staff to ensure proper
documentation including ancillaries, tests, and x-rays; verifies
accuracy of the fee ticket.
- Applies knowledge of ICD-10 (International Classification of
Diseases, 10th revision) and CPT (Current Procedural Terminology)
coding of procedures and enters documentation into medical record
as directed by the licensed care provider.
- Assists with referrals, as needed (e.g., obtains insurance
- Notifies Medical Director of issues and concerns in a timely
- Facilitates and participates in monthly billing call with
third-party billing service.
- Responds to patient inquiries, including those related to
- Collects, sorts, scans, packages, and submits required
documentation from each patient encounter to designated third-party
billing service for proper coding and billing of the
- Responds to all inquiries from third-party billing service;
works with appropriate provider to complete documentation addendum
- Reviews collection reports from third-party billing service;
assists Medical Director with monitoring Accounts Receivable (A/R).
Provides accurate, legal, and ethical documentation when performing
hands-on patient care.
- Applies knowledge of first aid procedures to assist
physician/advanced provider in treatment of the patient, including
changing dressings and applying bandages.
- Follows standards and procedures to maintain safe, secure, and
healthy work environment.
- Follows equipment operating instructions to maintain proper
operation and functioning; notifies Medical Director of equipment
- Cleans and autoclaves equipment daily.
- Educates advanced providers on proper wound care techniques,
including dressings, castings, negative-pressure sound therapy
(NPWT), and compression.
Required Experience and Competencies
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 year of experience as a Wound Care Technician required.
- Experience with ICD-10 and CPT coding required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Billing experience is highly desired.
- Experience as an office coordinator in a clinic setting
- Experience in accounting or finance preferred.
- Healthcare experience in an urgent care or primary care setting
- Solid understanding of medical insurance plans and office
- Knowledge of clinical compliance.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office 365.
- Strong organization, prioritization, and time management skills
with a productivity-driven demeanor.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with team
members, including educating them on proper documentation.
- Ability to employ effective customer service skills to resolve
patient billing inquiries and complaints.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to follow facility and OSHA safety rules and
- Ability to uphold Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy regulations.
- Ability to follow privacy policies regarding Protected Health
- Ability to report for assigned/confirmed shifts punctually and
- Numerical aptitude.
Jovive Wound Care - Redlands, California
- Vituity is about transforming care for the patients it serves,
and this service will make an impact on patient lives
- Advanced Providers will visit patients within their home
setting and conjunction with physicians who will be available
- We anticipate seeing 7300+ patients annually
- Warm summers, mild winters, and a great place to raise a
- Access to high ranking public and charter schools
- Close proximity to many points of interest: popular amusement
parks such as Disneyland and Universal Studios, beautiful beaches,
wineries, and more!
Benefits & Beyond*
Vituity cares about the whole you. With our comprehensive benefits
package, we are mindful of what matters most, and support your
needs of today and your plans for the future.
- Top Tier 401(k) retirement savings plans that offers a $1.20
match for every dollar up to 6%
- EAP, travel assistance and identify theft included
- Wellness program
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives including
LGBTQ+ History, Dia de los Muertos Celebration, Money
Management/Money Relationship, and more.
- Purpose-driven culture focused on improving the lives of our
patients, communities, and employees.We are unified around the
common purpose of transforming healthcare to improve lives and we
believe everyone has a role to play in that. We know that when we
work together across sites and specialties as an integrated
healthcare team, we can exceed the expectations of our patients and
the hospitals and clinics we work in. If you are looking to make a
difference, from clinical to corporate, Vituity is the place to do
it. Come grow with us.
Vituity appreciates differences; our dedication to diversity,
equity and inclusion is at the heart of our organization. Vituity
does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race,
creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic
information (including family medical history), veteran status,
marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis
protected by law. Vituity is committed to complying with all
applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to
nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.
- Benefits for part-time and per diem vary. Please speak to a
recruiter for more information.
Applicants Only. No agencies please.
Keywords: Vituity, Redlands , Wound Care Technician, In-Home Care - Jovive Wound Care - Fern Ave, Professions , Redlands, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!